Auditions for our 2020 “Summer with the Stars” Intensive are made by video audition only. The deadline to submit your audition for the 2020 Summer Intensive is April 30, 2020. We welcome dancers as young as 11 years old to professional dancers to train, grow, and learn with us. Please follow these steps to submit your video audition:
- Pay the $25 audition fee by clicking here.
- Print, complete, and scan or photograph the Audition Form by clicking here.
- Create a 10-15 minute video including the following:
- The applicant stating his/her name, age, and reason for pursuing ballet training;
- Short combinations at the barre, on one side only, of the following: Plié, battement tendu, rond de jambe par terre, grand battements;
- Center work: Adagio, petite and grand allegro, turns.
Finally, please send your Audition Form and video link to email@example.com.Those who submit a video audition can expect to hear the results of their audition in two to three weeks.
For students as young as eleven years old who are at an advanced beginner level through professional dancers wanting to perfect their technique and perhaps explore teaching, this program presents a rare opportunity to train with master teachers and receive coaching as it is taught at the Vaganova Ballet Academy of St. Petersburg, Russia. Ideal students have a passion for dance and for learning. Past participants have come from many countries, including Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Estonia, France, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, UK, and the United States. We are delighted to say that some of our Summer Intensive students became our Elite Training students and are now dancing in professional ballet companies in St. Petersburg and Moscow! We are very proud of them!
APPLICATION FOR TEACHER’S TRAINING
Please complete the Application Form (print form, complete, and scan or photograph) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume. Application forms will be accepted until the program is full. We offer a limited number of openings to ensure the best experience for participants.