Open World Dance Foundation is thrilled to present Cinderella, a collaborative ballet performance that not only promises an evening of enchantment and romance, but also emphasizes the importance of children and community involvement. In a unique performance combining world-renowned American Ballet Theatre stars and the exceptionally talented youth of Connecticut, Cinderella promises to be an unforgettable experience that unites the community and provides a unique platform for children to showcase their budding artistic prowess. By empowering the next generation of young artists, this production stands as a testament to the transformative power of the arts and the enduring impact it can have on individuals and communities alike.
The proposed ballet performance of Cinderella promises to be a mesmerizing experience that will transport the audience into a world of elegance, grace, and timeless storytelling. Fusing the artistry of seasoned professionals from the American Ballet Theatre with the fresh energy and enthusiasm of young performers from Connecticut, this production will truly be a singular celebration of both skill and passion.
Children and Community Involvement:
At the heart of this proposal lies our commitment to involving children and the community at large in every aspect of the production. We believe that fostering a sense of belonging and providing opportunities for young talent to shine is paramount. Therefore, the following elements will be incorporated:
1. Youth Casting: A significant portion of the cast will comprise talented youth from the local Connecticut community. This not only provides these young performers with an invaluable experience but also creates a sense of pride and engagement within the community.
2. Community Workshops: Prior to the performance, we will organize workshops for children, inviting them to learn about the art of ballet, storytelling, and stagecraft. These workshops will instill a sense of ownership and excitement among children, as they get a firsthand look at the behind-the-scenes aspects of a grand production.
3. Community Collaborations: We are partnering with the Middlbury, CT, based nonprofit dance organization, Brass City Ballet, to coordinate and collaborate with the CT Office of the Arts, CT State Department of Education, regional arts councils, regional and local schools, art organizations, and community centers to involve children in the creative process. This collaborative effort will enhance a sense of unity and shared achievement.
4. Charitable Component: To further extend our commitment to the community, a portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will be allocated to support arts education initiatives in local schools. This ensures that the impact of this performance goes beyond the stage and resonates in the lives of young learners.
Benefits of the Proposal:
1. Unforgettable Experience: Audiences will be treated to a one-of-a-kind ballet performance that seamlessly blends the expertise of seasoned professionals with the enthusiasm of young artists.
2. Community Engagement: The proposal fosters a deep sense of community involvement, encouraging children, families, and local organizations to come together and celebrate the arts.
3. Youth Empowerment: Young performers will gain exposure to a professional stage, enhancing their confidence and skill set.
4. Arts Education Support: The initiative contributes to the advancement of arts education in local schools, ensuring the sustainability of creative opportunities for children.